Kally's Thoughts

Author Kally Jo Surbeck's thoughts on various given subjects, perhaps a word or two about her schedule...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What a Month

Alright. So, my people (LMAO Just tickles me to say that) told me I really needed to post something.

Hmmm....something. Something? What?

Then I was listing what I had to do this month and they said - POST THAT...

September has already been a crazy month what with all of the world changes -- Many of us have been touched by Hurricane Katrina. We've lost loved ones. We've been scared for loved ones. We wonder how it will ever get better. Only with teamwork. That is the plain, simple, poignant answer we all need to understand. And while many people, both those with good hearts and those with bad, know this...there are those using the system. When you volunteer your time, money, and or energy please consider there are some unscrupulous folk out there who are trying to take advantage of the situation. Choose wisely. Some of the legit aide services are:

www.RedCross.org
www.WorldVision.org
www.SavetheChildren.org
www.networkforgood.org
www.salvationarmyusa.org

There are 9 more birthday's this month and 3 anniversaries.
This coming weekend I will be in Colorado for our September meeting, speaker Mary O'Gara. The weekend after that is CRW's Retreat, then the end of this month I will fly down to San Antonio, hook up with Melissa Schroeder and she and I will head to our booksingings in South Carolina and Florida.

September 30th from 2:00-4:00 at Waldenbooks (downtown Charleston) SC
September 30th from 5:00-7:00 at All Books & Company (Summerville) SC
October 1st 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Dreamalot Books (Goose Creek) SC
October 2nd 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Agustin Inn, St Augustine FL Historic B&B Tour

Hope to see any of you in the area there! If you're coming, drop me a line and let me know.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

State Supreme Court weighs bloggers' free speech, libel protection
DOVER - A Smyrna Town Council member who claims he was libeled by an Internet "blogger" should be ... People shun me on the street," Finger said - in order to obtain a court order forcing an Internet service provider to reveal a customer's identity.
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse photo related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse photo

8:04 PM  
Blogger ksurbeck said...

That is a great website for horse lovers. Thanks for sharing.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home