Kally's Thoughts

Author Kally Jo Surbeck's thoughts on various given subjects, perhaps a word or two about her schedule...

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

This past weekend

So this past weekend was VERY eventful. First was the Colorado Romance Writers www.coloradoromancewriters.org (my home chapter) it was our annual retreat. This year we had it at the El Colorado Lodge in Manitou Springs, Colorado. There was a fantastic turn out. I think I might get my hands on a picture or two. This infamous retreat is where the stripper Kally pictures were taken (be nice I was still in a swimsuit) two years ago. We have a lot of fun. It’s a great way to spur your creativity. If any of you out there write, I strongly think you should attend a retreat. There is nothing like spending a little time with people of like mind and goals. It’s inspiring. Saturday night a group of us were having a great dinner when we were surprised by the GM of a certain restaurant (in case he didn’t want us to say where) who came and sat with us for like 40 minutes, just chatting up a storm. He was a really nice man with some great stories. He also, this last year was a player in the WSP in Vegas. How cool is that?! Then on Sunday I did my little presentation on Humor for Pikes Peak Romance Writers www.pprw.org I hope it went well, but… I really enjoyed meeting with the ladies. We had a great time together and then afterward, we went out to supper at On The Border. The waiter was very … nice. We had a good time. Thanks to PPRW for hosting me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marly Mathews said...

Sounds as if you had a great weekend, Kally!

~Marly

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home