Kally's Thoughts

Author Kally Jo Surbeck's thoughts on various given subjects, perhaps a word or two about her schedule...

Friday, September 23, 2005

The Inhumanity of Humanity

Okay. Most of you, by this point now that I'm a geek and I generally embrace this side of my personality. I've never denied my sci-fi side. I've embraced it a little even with SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE FICTION. That said, last week was the SG1 (for those who don't watch tsk tsk tsk STARGATE 1) season finale. I was gone for Retreat, but my BIL (bless his heart) recorded it for me. I shall watch it soon. Tonight, however, was SGA (STARGATE ATLANTIS) and BATTLESTAR GALATICA's season finales.

Anxiously I awaited...

SGA (I promise no spoilers for my friends who get it a week later than those of us in the states)

I've really been getting worried about SGA. Gone was the banter adn the wit I'd so enjoyed. The characters were acting...well, out of character, and I was thinking this might be my last season watching. But these last two episodes of the season have redeemed the show for me. WELL DONE.

BSG

I have to take a deep breath on this one. BSG is the most depressingly brilliant show I've ever been addicted to. The writers/directors/actors are brilliant. They have managed to caputre every single emotion known and work it into their tightly woven storyline. I was old school BS (lol) and more than a little heistant when the series started, but the quickly won me over and I've been hooked. Literally. So tonight's finale--I don't want to ruin it or spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but it actually made me sick to my stomach and upset, because it's so dead-on, so accurate and so intense. It's well done, but it hurts my heart so badly to see the inhumanity of humanity. It hurts me worse to think that, no, to know that there are those actively desentitized to the brutality of life.

Needless to say, January cannot come quickly enough for next season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

It is going to be a long couple of months for sure. I watched the old Galatica as a kid and I really like the one. I have been hooked since the first episode. Really looking forward to January and the showdown between Adama and Cain.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home