Kally's Thoughts

Author Kally Jo Surbeck's thoughts on various given subjects, perhaps a word or two about her schedule...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back from RT

Well, I am back...almost. I will be flying, hopefully, back home tomorrow. I say hopefully because on my way out I flew "the friendly skies" that weren't so friendly. First, I got trapped on the plane for a "small detail" that should"just take a minute", after about an hour they said that it was the air conditioning. Now, I'm not sure about this because FREEZING cold air pelted me, but I could be wrong. Then they told us "5 more minutes" - anyway, as I'm sure you are guessing -- almost 3 hours later, we took off. Then when we were getting ready to land the pilot announced that there was a problem with the flaps and they were going to try our approach again. Maybe I commented louder than I thought when I said - Couldn't you have waited until after we landed to tell us that? (am I wrong?) The dear man next to me reached over and said "Don't worry, we don't need the flaps to land." WTF? And more importantly...WTF? I'm pretty sure we do. Anyhow, we landed. I was fine. Then it was further customer service week of hell. While the promo company did "attempt" to right their error in getting me the product I ordered - they failed miserably. The order didn't show when they said it would. I told them when I would be traveling and they delivered it 2 days off, then had the nerve to be surprised when I didn't get the product. BIG BIG SIGH. RT was full of joys. I will talk more about that tomorrow or the next day. Right now, I'm too into the errors and noncaring of customer service. So I won't flame any hotel chain in particular but check out where we stayed at the Romantic Times convention www.rtconvention.com To sum up (for further ranting might just waste everyone's time) on the last night we were there (as honors members I add) there was a bug problem in our hotel room. That's right - BUG problem. I don't like bugs, but I'm not overly girly, throw a fit, anti bug, but DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN. There was this bug, I kid you not, that was as big as my hand and the SOAB FLEW! Engineering came up and the man used a well known pesticide in the room. THEN THEY EXPECTED US TO SLEEP THERE! WTF and more importantly WTF! Finally, late into the night way early morning, we got a new room, but I Will never get over the crawling room! :-( I need sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger ksurbeck said...

I don't know what they were thinking. They couldn't have been thinking...right? I mean, it's a huge conference that brings in a lot of money. If I were a business person (LOL) I would want to keep the guests happy. But who knows. I guess I could be wrong.

8:54 AM  
Blogger ksurbeck said...

OH NO! You got bit? say it's not so. OH OH OH I'm going to start itching all over again.

When we walking into the room - it rustled! Okay, the room didn't rustle but the bugs on the curtains and grocery sacs and stuff - that rustled.

DEEP BREATH Okay, better now. I am home. It's over and it's okay. Sort of.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home